Hi guys, this blog is primarily a beauty blog, hope you all enjoy it!
This is a PR friendly blog but unless stated I have bought all products myself. All opinions are my own.

Follow me on bloglovin ☺
Email me at prettyinpeach04@gmail.com
X

Wednesday 22 October 2014

My response to the independent article about zoella

Hi guys!
I have recently read the article written about zoella (zoe suggs) by the independent and I was outraged by it!
Firstly, the reporter criticises the way Zoella looks before going onto say that girls shouldn't worry about what they look like- well obviously if they are going to have their looks slated by the likes of that reporter then they are going to worry! That reporter sounds like a jealous bully immediately!
Secondly, I love Zoella and I know by watching her daily vlogs that she has makeup free days and embraces them and so in no way does she show or tell girls that they have to wear makeup to be pretty. I watch her videos because I like to know which new products are good, and which aren't worth the money, I like to know how to create certain makeup looks. It's not about wearing makeup to look pretty, and I have never felt that by watching zoella that she is saying I have to wear makeup! Why can't girls want to wear makeup just because it's fun to do?
I bet that reporter wears makeup herself! Does that mean she is giving the impression that girls have to wear makeup just because she is? No. But by her logic she is!
Makeup is fun, and yeah it might make people feel better when wearing it but that doesn't mean that people don't feel good without it.
Surely zoella is showing that makeup is fun and fashion is fun, and honestly the message I takeaway from her success is that you should do what you enjoy doing and sometimes you can get your dream job! She enjoys makeup and has become successful based on that, and why shouldn't she?
Enjoy life and enjoy what you're doing!that is genuinely the message I get and it makes me happy that she has been as successful as she has.
She also helps people who has anxiety like her, and let's them know they aren't alone like some of them might have previously thought they were. Surely that is a very good thing as it could help girls become happier within themselves!
I would be happy for any daughter of mine to look up to her as a role model.

That's my thoughts and I am sorry if they aren't very coherent but I am a bit angry while writing this that the reporter would try to demean zoella for no reason.

X

1 comment:

  1. I agree 100% well said! Glad the blogging community is standing up! x

    ReplyDelete